Sunday, June 1, 2008

The End of MPI 104

ITS OVER!! 
Woah. scary... this semester went ridiculously fast! I have learnt soooo much from MPI 104. I came into the class being quite well... uninformed, re. the wonder that is the internet, and I honestly feel I have a much stronger grasp on well, everything that we covered! <mainly because the only thing I had even heard of out of the stuff we did was Google haha how very sad!!!> 
However, now I feel quite confident in:
 * Blogger -  in which i created my very first blog spot! I posted comments, changed the template, added video's and images, added RSS feeds from various pages, added a counter, technorati favorites link which gave me authority, I created to-do lists and well... did lots of awesome stuff I never knew i could do on the net!
 * Flickr  - now this site I think i will continue to utilise out of class. Its so speedy with photo uploading and you can tag your photos and search a bazillion other peoples for pics of interest, its just really very cool. We created a group, and I made some sets! Fun fun fun
 * Del.icio.us  - now i must admit, I'm not the biggest fan of this device. Its a good concept being that you can access your booked marked sites from any computer, but, i dunno... i just don't like it! However, being a fabulous student and all, I bookmarked 36 sites of interest to me :P
 * Athene Website ! This was the funnest thing I feel in MPI104. I'd never done anything like it before so I was very excited to create a web page - even if its not amazing or anything, just altering the template with photos and text and adding links, RSS feed, a counter, blog and all that jazz was very exciting! actually more exciting then that, was going on a random computer and typing in the address and it actually coming up - yaaaay for having a successfully published page through fetch!!
We also looked at...
* FTP - File Transfer Protocol - transferring files over the Internet
* Technorati - my authority is 4 and my rank is 1166069 - pretty dismal! 
* Counters - keep a record of visitors to a web page <they are very cool - makes me feel loved!>
* RSS which is similarly awesome. I never knew you could get updates/feeds from various sites - I feel enlightened! :P
* Google - google has everything! Im amazed! These are my favourite - Google docs, Google reader, Google Calender, Google Maps - tis craaazy!
Overall I learnt so very much! and i found it quite a challenging subject - which is probably bad because a lot of people consider it easy, so I'm probably going to dieee in MPI110 but eh, i like a challenge!! Gooooooodbye and thank-you for your teaching services!! :D

No comments:

 
Add to Technorati Favorites